Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

What I am going to miss.....

Family, of course.  This is a no-brainer.  It has been wonderful being so close to our families this past year and a half.  And, we hate that we are moving away again so soon after returning, but this was just the best time for our family to make this adventure.  Can't wait to get back and spend time with them!

Friends, both ours and Reed's.  We have some great friends here in Atlanta.  It is going to be hard to miss out on their lives for six months.  We look forward to many catch-up dinners and playdates upon our return.

Now, onto the ones that are not so important.

Food - Oh, how I am going to miss so many different food items in the US, especially Chick-fil-a.  I don't know how I will survive without it for 6 months, lol!  Okay, I will survive, but what about the fact that there won't be any sweet tea there.  Yikes!  My hope is that the food will be so terrible that I will lose all the weight that I have been begging to shed from my body.  I also heard from my friend Maureen that they don't use ice in their drinks.  That should be interesting.

TV - You all know how much TV I watch.  Yes, it is embarrassing but at least I will own up to it.  I guess I will be doing a lot of TV watching on the internet.  I will have to drop most shows though.  I am thinking that Glee and Modern Family will probably be my only must watch TV while there, although I will probably read write-ups about the others that I watch.

Driving - It is going to be so weird to not drive for 6 months.  I am thinking that we will probably rent a car a few times to go sightseeing, but it is going to be oh so weird to not have a car to go jump in to run errands.

Our Home - Our first home!  It is going to be hard to leave it, but I guess I will just try to decorate from afar to feel like it isn't so far away.  My parents should expect to receive a lot of packages of hopefully great home furnishing deals that I have found on the internet.

There are probably tons of other little things that we will miss during our time in London.  Thankfully, this is only a 6 month venture and we will return to all the things we love sooner rather than later!

No comments:

Post a Comment