Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

17 Months!

Our little guy is 17 months!  I can't believe it.  Our little boy is growing and changing like crazy.  We are enjoying every minute of it.

Stats:
Height:
Weight: 25 lbs.

At 17 Months:
  • Reed's words......ball, plane, lap, light, gymnastics (yeah, yeah, it doesn't exactly sound like that, but he tries), Thomas, cat, hat, cap, pear, egg, bat, goof, Mick (Mickey), bed, knee, tree, dog, house, everyone's name in our family, etc......
  • He said his first sentence this month.  Unfortunately it was "Da at work". 
  • This month he starting asserting himself a little more.  He has started asking for milk instead of waiting for me to prompt him to ask for it.  And, one single night, he came up to me just before bedtime and said "night".  Love this kid!
  • He started saying "no" this month.  Mommy: Do you want more bananas?  Reed: No.;  Daddy:  Come see Daddy.  Reed:  No.
  • He has finally learned how to turn on the water in the bathtub in our master bath.  This is one of his favorite things to do in our room now.
  • When I am reading to him, if my finger is covering any of the illustrations he will push my finger away.
  • He has started pushing all of the toys in his crib into one particular corner.  Usually they are very tightly packed.  Not sure what this is about, but it is pretty funny.  If he does pull any of the toys out, he has to stuff them back into the corner.
  • He likes to help with laundry.  I asked him to get some stuff out of the dryer with me.  He would get one thing at a time and bring it to me.  When I ended up cleaning out everything from the dryer he was none too happy.
  • He loves to watch movies while riding in the car.  His favorite is probably The Lion King.  He gets super excited and claps when Simba decides to go back to the pride land.  It's so cute!
  • He got his first really major haircut this month.  I told the lady that I just wanted a little bit off and she cut an inch.  Ouch!  He looks like such a big boy.  Thankfully it has grown out a little very quick.
  • He loves to read, especially his Dr. Seuss books.  His favorite book right now is probably Cat in the Hat.  He requests that we read it all the time.
  • He loves to color.  Crayons are currently only allowed at the kitchen table.  He has started pretending the right on the wall with a tube of chapstick, so we may have an issue in the future.
  • And, as always, I am sure that I am forgetting something.....so I will continue to post things as I think of them.
17 Months!

Kicking his foot around.  He thought it was pretty hilarious.

Chillaxin'.

Sweet baby!

Pointing out the "hooouussee" in Goodnight Moon.  His version of house is very drawn out and too cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment