Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Pre-Christmas Trip to Pigeon Forge, TN

My grandmother, Jo, who basically spends most of her weekends in Pigeon Forge, TN wanted to take me, Reed and Mom there for a weekend to do some fun Christmas things.  We went to dinner at the Dixie Stampede.  Reed loved it!  I think he ate more there at one meal than he ever has.  He was so enthralled with watching the horses that he didn't even pay attention to what was being put into his mouth.  We did lots of shopping throughout the weekend too.  Reed was pretty good for the most part, but he is so past the I-can-ride-all-day-in-my-stroller days.  : (

On Saturday, we headed to Dollywood to see the Christmas decorations and let Reed ride a few rides.  The park is decorated so pretty for the holidays.  Reed absolutely loved the rides.  The first ride that he rode was the carousel.  He screamed bloody murder when the ride was over.  Yes, he is that kid.  We also took him for a ride on the ducks and on a real train.  He loved every minute of it.  We watched the parade before we headed out of the park and Reed was very sad that Santa had to leave.  Our last ride of the night was Reed driving a miniature antique car.  Needless to say, we had to ride this a few times, because he was not very happy about getting out of the car.  

Overall, it was a absolutely great weekend with my grandmother and my mom!  While there is a lot of cheesy things in Pigeon Forge, there are some really great things to do especially during Christmastime.  They even have the 12 days of Christmas lining the main street, so you can sing the song going down the road.  Very fun!

My Mom, Reed and Jo

Me and my sweet baby boy!

I think I do a pretty good impression of this particular Reed face.

At the Dixie Stampede.  He looks like he's been herding cattle himself, lol!  It had been a long day.

He loved the choo-choo train.

And the carousel.  He squealed the whole ride.

Reed driving the car.  He loved it!

Sweet Reed!  He did so good the whole trip!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time! So glad you got to take him to Dixie Stampede. Kids love that show. Hopefully he got to pet the horses before the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Pigeon Forge Brooke! My grandparents had a summer house there so we were season pass holders for many many years at Dollywood! Cute pics.

    ReplyDelete