Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

15 Months!

Yes, I am a few days late on this, sorry!!

Our little man is 15 months old! Holy cow! He is growing up so quick. Before we know it, he's going to be talking in sentences and telling us what he wants to do and when. Oh me!

Stats:
Height: 33 inches, 90th percentile
Weight: 24 lbs., 50th percentile (A drop in percentile but the doctor isn't worried, so we aren't worried.)

At 15 Months:
  • Reed continues to be a little talker.  You say it, he will try to say it.  Most things don't come out exactly right, but it is still fun to hear him try.
  • He is on a Mickey Mouse kick or Goofy kick, whichever he sees at the moment.  He loves to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and do the hot dog dance at the end.  He squeals with delight when it comes on TV.  He especially loves to see Goofy on the screen, which he calls "Goof Goof".  Too cute!
  • He can march.  He started this a few weeks ago.  It is so fun to watch him pick his knees up and march around.  He can also do what we call the penguin walk, which is little baby steps while barely picking up his feet.  This kid is a trip!
  • Reed is very dramatic.  Not sure where he gets this from.  I will say it is probably from Chris, lol!  Sometimes when we tell him no, he acts like we have just seriously hurt his feelings.  He will sometimes fall to the floor and put his head down while fake crying.  He can also make the most pitiful face ever, which is the cutest thing.  Hopefully he will figure out soon that this doesn't work on us.
  • Reed learned how to blow out of his mouth this month.  I know, it's a weird thing to include, but it is pretty hilarious to watch him do it.  He's ready to blow out his candles on birthday #2 now!
  • This past weekend Reed used a fork for the first time and he was a pro.  I've given him a fork at every meal since and he seems to like it.  Some things are just easier to pick up with his hands, but we are progressively moving away from eating with our fingers.
  • He finally figured out how to go down a slide without giving me a heart attack this month.  For some reason, he would continuously try to walk down the slides versus sitting down.  Since the ledge of a slide isn't very high, he would sometimes have me bolting from one side of a double slide to another.  He has now figured out that sitting down is a much better way to go.  I think we have his gym class to thank for this!
  • He can identify his ears, eyes, nose, mouth, hair, belly, feet and probably a few others that I can't think of right now.
  • He continues to love blueberries.  Thank goodness they have been on sale the past couple of weeks.
  • We started a Parent-Tot gym class this past month and he loves it.  He loves all the climbing that he gets to do there.  His favorite two things are walking on the balance beam and jumping on the many trampolines.
  • His favorite book at the moment is Ferdinand.  This was Chris's favorite book as a kid.  He didn't like it at first but now we have to read it all the time.  Every time we read in the book about smelling the flowers, he leans in and smells.  So cute!
Okay, I think that's all I can think of at the moment and I am sure that I am forgetting something!  I am going to try to start writing things down in a calendar, so that I will be able to write a better post next month!

15 Months!

A blurry shot of the pitiful face he makes.

Getting a little Ferdinand reading in before/during the photo session.

"I know, I know, I am that cute."

He loves books!  This was as much dressed as I could get him before he headed off to flip through another book!

No comments:

Post a Comment