Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Santa will have to wait!

Tuesday we had an appointment to see Santa at Phipps, but Reed had other plans.  Yes, I was one of those mothers who wasted at least an hour online trying to get an appointment with this particular Santa.  I guess Reed showed me that this time was uneccessarily spent.  Our appointment was at 7 pm.  The plan was to head to the mall, grab some food and eat prior to meeting Chris and letting Reed probably be completely terrified by Santa.  We've been talking about Santa a lot, but I am pretty sure he will still be terrified.  He might surprise me though. 

Anyway, we got Chick-fil-a, I grabbed Reed a high chair, dragged it to the table, put him in it and then it began.  He got sick all over himself and all over the table.  Poor little guy!  And, poor mommy!  I had to clean it up all by myself, no fun.  I tried to clean him off as much as possible, but it really didn't do much good.  There would no Santa for us that night.  Thankfully I had purchased a pair of adorable pj's that he could wear home instead of his never to be worn again outfit.  He only got sick one more time that evening, thank goodness.  We were so scared that our little guy was going to have the crazy stomach bug that has been going around, but I think we may have dodged a bullet this time.  We spent Wednesday in our pj's taking it easy and watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  He still seems a little unlike himself, but he is eating and playing so let's hope this not-as-bad-as-it-could-have-been bug is on its way out the door as swiftly as it came.

1 comment:

  1. I had NEVER heard of the Phipps Santa until a few days ago! Apparently it's a huge deal and I missed the boat this year. Maybe I should go ahead and book an appointment for next year. :)

    ReplyDelete