Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Getting a little crafty!

So, I have to admit that I am not the most crafty person ever.  I am not one to come up with great craft ideas on my own, however, I am pretty good at following instructions.  Take the two projects below for example.

Christmas Wreath.....

I saw this post on High Heeled Foot in the Door and knew that I had to try to make a wreath myself.  I have a hard time going into stores and finding just the right Christmas decorations.  I mean, there are so many options that it makes it difficult to choose.  This project allowed me to just do my own thing and give me a chance to say that I actually made it.  The tutorial that I used can be found on this site.  I really enjoyed the outcome of this wreath, although I gave myself a headache staring at the yarn while I was wrapping it around the wreath.  The total cost of this project was around $10, not bad, right?



Chair Rehab....

I have been dying to try my hand at reupholstering a chair.  I have read about how easy it is, so I couldn't wait to try it myself.  It required the purchase of a staple gun, which I opted for the more expensive one since I figured I would be reupholstering chairs on a regular basis, lol!  I found the chair below at A Classy Flea in Marietta.  It was only $10.  I figured I should jump on it since it was so cheap.  And, if I ruined it with my first chair makeover project, it wouldn't be the end of the world since it was so cheap.  The total cost for this project was around $25.  It is currently sitting in our little nook of an office outside of our kitchen.  It looks great there!

Definitely not the best looking chair I've ever seen but certainly worth $10.

A little better picture of the fabric.  I actually think this color chair might have worked perfectly if they had chosen a better pattern for the fabric.  It made it look blah.

Ta da!  I spray painted it black and reupholstered the seat with some fabric that I got from the Fabric and Fringe Warehouse.

Even Reed likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment