Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

What's that on my fingers?

I always knew that being a mom would require me to let go of some of my cleanliness standards especially since we have a baby boy. There are going to be many times when Reed wants to play in a mud puddle and I will cringe at the thought of it, but because I love him so I will probably play in it with him. With that thought in mind, it was extremely hard for me to let Reed get like this tonight at dinner........

Ewwwwww!

Since Reed is starting to advance in his eating abilities, I thought it was time that we start letting him feed himself a little bit. Unfortunately, he always manages to gag himself with the spoon, so that doesn't work. Hands should do the trick! Tonight, I sat the bowl of food in front of him and he promptly stuck both hands in. It took him a while to get his hands to his mouth after that but as soon as he did he sucked every bit of food off of them! Yay for Reed!

He was absolutely disgusting at the end of his meal. So disgusting that I wouldn't even touch him without wiping him off, even though he was going straight into the bath. I only cringed a little bit as he covered himself with peas and squash, lol!

2 comments:

  1. CUTE! I can't believe he's into real food already. Love the slideshow of him in the chair too... he grows so fast. I can't believe he's six months already.

    ReplyDelete