Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The milestone causing all kinds of problems (well, really just one problem)!

Just last week while staying with my parents I heard Reed crying after I put him down for the night. I went upstairs just to check on him and there he was, sitting up. I was excited for him! He had finally figured out how to successfully get from his belly to sitting. I mean, this can't be something that should cause any problems, right? Wrong!

With his newfound ability, once he wakes up in his crib, he just screams until we come in to get him. As soon as we pick him up, he is out like a light, but he can't seem to let himself go back to sleep on his own even though he is completely exhausted. If he even wakes up slightly, he sits himself up! I have even started putting toys in his crib in hopes that he will play with them and he will then go back to sleep. Unfortunately, this hasn't worked yet. If you have any suggestions of how we can break Reed of this, pleast let me know!

Below is a video of Reed showing off his sitting up skills. He is a pro now. He can even pivot himself in a circle. I am a little worried that he may never crawl since he won't stay on his stomach long enough to figure it out. Oh well!

1 comment:

  1. OH MY WORD! I just want to pick him up and squeeze him--he's scrumptious! This is too funny (although I realize it's not funny or cute to you at 3AM). We LOVED "Goodnight, Sleep Tight" by Kim West. We HAVE to talk again soon and catch up! SO jealous Abbey is going to live next door to you!

    ReplyDelete