Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

Atlanta Baby Shower

Our awesome Atlanta friends threw us a Baby Shower this past Saturday that included good food and good times with friends that we hadn't seen in quite some time. It was so nice to be able to hang out with all of them for the first time since moving back to Atlanta. Chris and I are so incredibly grateful to have such great friends here!

We received wonderful, wonderful gifts for Baby J! We honestly aren't sure that we need anything else. Of course, there are a few things we need for him, but we are so much more comfortable about his impending birth after we received such great gifts on Saturday. We received lots of great clothing, bathing and feeding supplies for Baby J along with a super soft blanket, boppy cover, and changing table cover and too cute stuffed animal. I could go on and on with the gifts that we received for Baby J! Our friends were way too generous! Baby J is going to be so spoiled. Chris did receive a koozie that said "What should I know? I am just the Dad!". Too cute! And, I received a wine glass from Swoozies painted with "Mommy's Sippy Cup". I can't wait to use it!

A big thanks goes out to Adam and Elizabeth for hosting the baby shower and cookout at their home and for the girls who helped plan the shower. Thank you, thank you, thank you! You all are the best!

All the Girls (Jessica, Elizabeth, Amanda, Leanne, Me, Rachel and Laura), thanks so much for the great shower! There were a few significant others at the shower too, but they weren't too keen on having their picture made. Thanks to the guys too, Chris R., Robert, Andy, and Adam.

Lots of goodies for Baby J, including an I'm Bananas blankie with a monkey on the top! I did give Chris the honors of opening the gifts since this will be the only shower he will attend. I think he enjoyed it!

A diaper caddy, so that I don't have to trek up and down the stairs everytime Baby J needs to have his diaper changed. Chris wasn't sure what it was, so I had to explain.

Extremely soft stuff from PBK. Chris and I are considering using the blanket for ourselves. LOL! Just kidding!

Look how cute the towel is that I am holding. Baby J is going to be so cute in it!

Laura with the Wee Block, so that Baby J hopefully never sprays us when we are changing his diaper, haha!

Samson sitting in Jessica's lap, too funny!

Baby J's bathtub!

Be amazed, my friend Jessica made this cake herself! I am so impressed! It was just perfect and tasted wonderful!

Forgot to take a pic of the booties until after we cut into the cake. Look at the little J's, so cute!

Chris trying to get Baby J to be active. We tried and tried for most of the night, but I think he had stage fright. I am sure he will be moving around plenty for them in about 6 weeks or so!

1 comment:

  1. Is it not a LITTLE crazy that we both had showers on the same day AGAIN?! Too funny! You look awesome and it sounds like Baby J is planning on staying in his home for a little while yet which is awesome!!! YAY! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete