Pages

Monday, July 20, 2009

35 Weeks

As of today, I am 35 weeks pregnant! Now that his room is nearing completion, the short five weeks remaining until we meet Baby J don't seem so scary. I am sure Chris and I will have everything prepared in plenty of time before his arrival.

At 35 weeks, Baby J is approximately 18 inches long and weighs about 5 1/4 pounds. Because it's so snug in my stomach, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. I have to admit that while he hasn't been killing me with cross body movements recently, he is still extremely active when he is awake. His kidneys are fully developed now and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete, so he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

Thanks to everyone who voted on the name poll for Baby J! Reed was the winner with 14 votes, followed by Will and Avery with 10 votes and Chase with 9 votes. We continue to waiver on what Baby J's name will be, but we sincerely appreciate your input! We will take it into serious consideration.

The belly with Baby J's crib!

2 comments:

  1. You look so pretty :) The nursery looks great - love the adorable stuff you have in there so far! PS: After The Bachelor this season, I'm becoming a fan of the name Reed more and more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so great!! I agree with Jessica's comment, too:) Can't wait to meet him!!

    ReplyDelete