Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

33 Weeks

As of yesterday, I am 33 weeks pregnant! The 33rd week of the pregnancy has included Chris and I doing a little relaxing, a little working and a lot of time spent trying to get settled in our new place. It is finally starting to feel like home thanks to Chris who has done the majority of the unpacking. My mom also came down yesterday to help get our place in order. We were so greatful and so is Baby J! He and I got to relax while she worked.

At 33 weeks, Baby J weighs just over 4 pounds and has passed the 17 inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, which will make it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. This is why a lot of babies have a conehead-like appearance following birth. Thankfully, this won't be permanent and his head will move back to a more normal shape. Did you know that the bones don't entirely fuse togoether until early adulthood, allowing them to grow as the brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood? I had no idea. That's pretty interesting.

Enjoy the 33 week belly pics below!

I am so excited that I can still wear my comfy grey t-shirt!

I guess I can post these every week now that I've put the belly out there.

And.....I am really brave now! Chris randomly got this pic during our belly pic photo session. I thought it was sweet!

1 comment:

  1. YAY, I've been waiting for another update! Look at your precious belly! Now it's time for the "smuggling watermelons" tshirts :) Your hair looks really pretty too. Glad you are getting settled in plenty of time for Baby J. Now that you're here and just a few minutes away, let's hang out soon! Love the names you picked out too!

    ReplyDelete