Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Weekend in Georgia...Courtesy of Bain

Now that it is already Wednesday, I should probably try to write about our weekend in Georgia before it is too late. This past weekend Chris and I flew to Georgia for Bain’s sell weekend. It was a chance for us to evaluate whether or not Bain is the right fit for us as well as an opportunity for me to meet some people from Bain. We had a great time hanging out with Bain on Saturday and spending time with our families on Sunday.

Chris flew down early on Friday to take part in a few of the office activities and I flew down to Atlanta in the evening. My flight got delayed 2 hours, so I didn’t arrive in Atlanta until after midnight. Needless to say, it was a long evening. I had hoped to get some much needed rest on Friday night, but this didn’t happen. Saturday morning we met a group of people in the hotel for brunch and then headed to the Georgia Aquarium. I really enjoyed the Aquarium more than I thought I would. I could honestly sit and watch the fish all day. I know, slightly weird, but it is very peaceful. Below are a few pics of the fishies.

Jellyfish
Whale Shark
Large tank of various fish
One of the Beluga Whales
Saturday night we joined the Bain offerees and current Bain consultants for dinner at Lobby at Twelve. I actually got a chance to hangout with a former roommate of mine, Leslie Gimbel, as well as sorority sister, Casey Taylor, at dinner. It was so great to catch up with the two of them. After dinner, we headed to STATS for drinks. We ended the evening somewhat early because we knew we had an early morning on Sunday.

Sunday we woke up early to make our way to Summerville to visit our families. We have made the scary decision to not come home for Thanksgiving this year, eek, so we wanted to make sure that we saw them for a few hours while we were in Georgia. Chris’ mom cooked brunch for us and my mom cooked an early dinner. Although it was a little chilly outside, Chris, Jeff, and the kids managed to play a game a touch football. I stayed on the sidelines but had a great time watching them play. Doing things like this only reinforces that we should be back in Georgia long-term. I can’t imagine continuing to only see our families sporadically. After the football game, Chris and I went to my parents’ house and spent a few hours with them before we had to head back to the airport. It was a great day; I only wish it could’ve lasted longer. Below are a few pics from the football game.
Action Shot
Griffin and Gavin did more of this than they did playing.
Another action shot
Isn't he cute?
Although we have yet to make a decision about the Bain job, we sincerely appreciate them flying us to Georgia for a wonderful weekend that gave us the opportunity to see our families.

No comments:

Post a Comment