Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Brrrr........The cold is here!

It was a nice and cold weekend in Boston. The nice part of weekend came from getting to spend it with good friends.

Friday evening we met up with Graham, Kim and Natalie McWhorter for dinner and a little bit of Wii competition. Shortly after Chris got his Wii he told Graham that he would beat him at any game on the Wii, so of course we had to get together to settle the duel. I honestly can't say who won or at what game but I know that we had a great time. Graham and Kim's baby girl Natalie is a cutie! Which makes me think….maybe she is the reason I wasn’t as tuned into the Wii playing as I could have been.

On Saturday we attended the 125th playing of The Game featuring Harvard and Yale. Chris and I went to The Game last year in New Haven, but it was much nicer to have The Game played at home this year. If you are wondering, yes, they do call this particular game of the season The Game. The Game is the oldest and third-most-played college football rivalry (from Wikipedia). I think it is probably always the most important game of the season for Harvard and probably the only game of the year when the stadium is packed.

We got up around 9 and headed to an early morning tailgate. Saturday was probably the coldest day that we have had thus far, so Chris and I made sure to bundle up and prepare for the cold. Thank goodness HBS had the thought to put up tents for us. This worked wonders for keeping the feeling in our toes and hands and everywhere else. At noon, it was time to head inside the stadium to the game. We had nosebleed seats, if that is possible in such a stadium, where we were packed in like sardines with about 50 other people from Chris’ section.
Erin and I at the tailgate.
Chris and I before heading into The Game.
Harvard and Yale on the field.
Love this pic of us. We don't look cold at all!
The game was less than exciting and it was bitterly cold, so we decided to only stay through halftime. We had to stick around to see the corny halftime show that the bands of Harvard and Yale put on. I remembered it being very odd last year so I wanted to check it out again. They came through with another random performance and so I left the game happy that I could watch ivy leaguers put on a less than stellar halftime show.

The rest of the weekend wasn’t too eventful. Teal and Laren came over for dinner on Saturday night, and, of course, we got more Wii playing time in. Sunday was a lazy day consisting of shopping for food for Thanksgiving and doing laundry.

Stay tuned for the blunders of cooking Thanksgiving dinner for ourselves for the first time. Hopefully it will go off without a hitch! Wish us luck, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment