Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

A decision needs to be made.

In just over 6 short weeks (do you think I have mentioned the countdown enough yet?  lol!), we will be making our way back to the home we purchased and only lived in for six months prior to moving across the pond.  While we are seriously looking forward to being back home in Georgia, I am dreading coming back to a home that needs some serious decorating help.  So, I thought I would start posting the things I have been thinking about or considering and hopefully get some feedback from you all.

So, let's first start with paint colors.  Our entire downstairs and upstairs hallway is in serious need of re-painting.  The colors are just a little too gold for me and it certainly can't hurt to get a fresh coat of paint on the walls to make the home feel a little more new.  Below are a few pictures of the colors of the downstairs as it appears now, sitting all lonesome by itself in Georgia.

The Foyer, before it was our house, but you can still see the yellowy tone of the entryway.

Dining Room, the chairs made their way back to the store but the gold wall color remains.

Chris' Office/Study

Living Room

Okay, now let's take a look at the colors I am thinking would work in these rooms.  Please ignore the giant blue room.  There really isn't that much of the room that is blue although this kind of makes it feel like the ceiling, floors, walls, everything is blue, lol!  It really is a pretty Pottery Barn-like blue.

Option 1:  Go with more neutral tones that are more on the brown side than the gold side.  I feel like the green study/office could potentially work with this color scheme but not sure.  Does gray in the dining room work with this?  I don't know, I don't know.
Option 2:  Paint the main areas of the house a very light gray.  It seems that gray is in right now, but will it go away?  Does it matter as long as long as we love it?  Hmmm.....

Option 3:  Choose the easy way out and paint all the main areas of the home white.

Now it's your turn, what do you all think?  Any thoughts or suggestions on a color scheme.  Does your house have colors that you love?  I think the hardest part is trying to define what I want the overall feel of our house to be.  It's so hard considering everything needs to be decorated, not just one room.  Hopefully you all can help.

2 comments:

  1. I think you know my choice, I love the gray. It would look great with the green in the office and the blue. And if it goes out of style you can repaint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like #1 and #2. But I like more that you're coming home soon!!! Can't wait to catch up at brunch and maybe have a play date with sweet Reed? Tell him Liam is much more fun know that he can run around:)

    ReplyDelete