Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

23 Months!

Just one month until the big 2!  Wow!

Stats:
Height: Tall
Weight: Skinny

At 23 Months:
  • Reed can say his prayers.  It is the sweetest thing in the world.  When I asked him one night if he wanted to say his prayers, he just started saying them out of the blue.  After he finished saying his prayers he leaned over and kissed me and said "God bless you", because this is what Chris always says to him after his prayers.  So sweet!
  • He loves to march.  He even started taking longer strides while walking on the sidewalk and swinging his arms.  If marching, a golf club is on his shoulder (I guess portraying his gun) and he swings the other arm, hilarious.
  • Reed says "dag gum it".  My fault.  Must. watch. what. we. say.
  • He often says that things are "like" something even though they are exactly what he says.  We aren't "like" people so not sure where that came from.  After he roars he says "like a lion" or he sings the "I love you, you love me" Barney song and he says "like Barney" or things are "like fun".
  • He has learned to walk backwards this month and very quickly I might add.  Most of the time he is walking backwards he is actually marching, because the kid loves to march.
  • After singing "Jesus Loves Me" to me one night he clapped and said "yay mommy, it's good".  He can also sing Rock-a-bye-Baby and a number of other songs.
  • The big change in Reed recently is the fact that he is super duper whiney.  It is super duper annoying.  What to do with him?  Well, we have been getting many emails regarding this subject, so it is apparently normal, but we were hoping for some help with the issue.  One of the suggestions said that once they start to whine clasp your hands over your ears and say that you can't hear them when they are like that.  It has worked pretty well.  It hasn't completely stopped the whining but once we cover our ears, he actually stops whining and tells us what he wants.  Our kid is a little too smart for his own our good, after we were telling him to do something at breakfast the other morning he said "I can't hear you".  Oh me.
  • Reed jumped for the first time this month when he actually meant to.  He has jumped on accident before but didn't know it.  This time we asked him to bounce while dancing and he just jumped off the ground.  Yay Reed!
  • He now makes commands such as "wait Daddy", "stop" and "c'mon".
  • After he coughed the other morning, he said "goodness".  He also says things like "oh dear", "oh my" and "geez".
  • He can identify all his shapes and colors but he has to want to do it otherwise he just ignores us.
  • He can also count to 10 and maybe even to 19 on some days.  He can even count down from 5 to 1, probably because of the "Zoom, Zoom, We're Going to the Moon" song.
  • He is still waking up in the middle of the night, which means that Chris or I only get to sleep in our own bed for half the night and then we must migrate to the bed in Reed's room.  It is exhausting.
  • He absolutely loves to play hide and seek, which Teal introduced to him recently.  He always wants to be the seeker.  He will cover his eyes and sometimes tells us "no peeking", since that's what we have to tell him the majority of the time.  Yesterday, while I was in a pretty good hiding place he said "mommy, where are you".  
23 Months!

He is such a big boy now.  

He kept telling me that he was sleepy.

Cheesin'

Look at that sweet face!


"It's so funny!"

This kid loves to run!!

2 comments:

  1. a) I love Reed's stats! b) We are in the whining phase too, OMG, SO ANNOYING, c) I loved all of the things he can do now. It's inspired me to do another post like this. They grow up so fast! You had me rolling on the floor, especially with the "I can't hear you!" ... so hilarious :) Miss y'all! Wish you weren't half a world away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ho-ly-mo-ly that kid is SO CUTE! I can't believe how grown up he's looking these days. I'm so glad that you guys are going to be home soon. All of the little stories about him crack me up!

    ReplyDelete