Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

22 Months!

Whoa, only 2 months and our little guy will be 2!  We really can't believe it.  Time certainly flies when you're having fun.  He never ceases to surprise us with the things he says or does.  We love him so!

Stats:
Weight: A little heavier than last month.
Height:  A little taller than last month.  The jeans that were too long on him when we arrived are now becoming too short, so he's definitely growing.

At 22 Months:
  • Reed is still a lover of all sports involving a ball.  As a matter of fact, most sports are golf to him, even if he is throwing a football, lol!  We'll get him straightened out eventually.  As I type this he is hitting his golf ball around the living room and he's pretty good at it.
  • He loves to count.  He will often say "two books" as he is holding two books.  I often think it is just by chance but today he had three books and said "three books".  I guess he probably knows more than I think he does.  When he does count, he misses several numbers every time, maybe not the same ones every time though.  He can count to 15 all by himself, you know, without 1 or 2 or 4, etc.
  • He's getting better at identifying his colors.  If we say no, that's not yellow, then he will usually follow up with the right color of the object we are asking him about.  I still think he could care less about his colors, although he does love blue and sometimes yellow.
  • If Reed falls down, we ask him if he wants us to kiss it and make it better.  He has recently begun asking us to "kiss and make better".  So, we give his boo-boo a kiss and he says "all better".  I always get so excited when a little kiss from us can make even the hurt from a bad bump to the head because he fell down feel better in 2 seconds flat.
  • He continues to ask us "what am I doing here".  I just can't get over this and it never ceases to make me laugh.  He woke up from his nap today asking me "what am I doing here" just after he said "where's Daddy?  at work".
  • Reed is excellent when there are people around that he doesn't know.  While he sometimes proclaims that he is shy, he gets back to his regular self within 5 minutes.  We have had company this week and last and he is always a little apprehensive when he sees them and usually says "I'm shy" and then 5 minutes later he is bouncing off the walls, throwing them the ball, and asking "where's Doris".  Yesterday, when Jo and the Girls arrived back from their shopping trip, Reed squealed with delight and ran around like a crazy person when he saw Jo in the window.  He was so happy to see her and "the ladies", as he likes to call them.
  • We got this random toy from the movie Rio from McDonald's (thank goodness there is one here in London!) of the bulldog that shakes his booty.  Since we got the toy, Reed will often request that I show him how the dog shakes his booty.  Well, this week I decided it was time for him to shake his booty.  I sang "shake your booty, shake your booty, nah nah nah nah nah nah" and got him to do a little booty shaking himself.  He thinks it's hilarious!
  • This little guy still refuses to eat many vegetables, although he did down a good helping of kidney beans out of his taco soup last night.  It's the little things that parents get excited about, lol!
  • Reed is such a loving little boy.  He frequently climbs up in my lap to give me a hug and a kiss.  He also told me he loved me for the first time this past weekend.  What a sweet little boy we have!
  • No and stop mean nothing to him, absolutely nothing.
  • The sleeping issues are slowly getting better.  He is no longer waking up every night at midnight and screaming for "mommy".  Scratch that, last night was no fun for anyone!  He has also decided that 6:15am is an appropriate wakeup time a few times this week, ugh!
  • We are still trying to push him towards wanting to go to the potty.  I literally will sit him on the potty when it seems like he might need to "go" and he says he's done.  I put on his clean diaper and there he goes.  Silly kid.  Crash course in potty training will start as soon as we get home!
  • Reed absolutely loves to read and loves to be read to.  He has recently started reading his books to us.  It is fun to see what he remembers and what he can pick up from the pictures to tell us the story.
  • Just this past month, every time he cries he looks at me and asks "what's wrong".  Apparently, this is what I ask him every time he is crying, so he has decided to just go ahead and ask the question himself.  Unfortunately, I still can't get him to tell me what's wrong.  Maybe he thinks he's telling me by saying "what's wrong", lol!
  • Infineeonnee=Infinity.  To infineeonnee and beyond!
  • Thanks to his Go, Dog, Go book he knows about red lights and green lights.  As Chris was driving and the light turned green, he said "green, go".
  • He loves to sing Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes and well as La, La, La, La, Elmo's Song.  He's so cute singing them, of course!
  • Overall, this kid is a great kid!  He hardly makes a fuss when he is stuck in his stroller all day sightseeing.  We really can't complain about him at all.  He makes us look like rockstar parents because he is so well-behaved, which makes him a total rockstar!!
22 Months!  While he wanted me to take his picture this month, he wanted me to take it while he was moving!

Looks like he's doing one of his favorite things, sticking out his hand and saying "nice to meet you".

Long, tall Sally!  This picture makes me laugh.  So serious!

No comments:

Post a Comment