Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

10 Months!

Holy moly! Just two short months until Reed is 1! I really need to get on starting to plan his party. It will be here before we know it. There has been a lot going on with Reed the last month, so let's get to it.

Stats:
Height: 30 inches
Weight: 22 lbs.

At 10 Months:
  • Reed is a walking pro. While he still doesn't just stand up in the middle of the floor and start walking very often, he does take off once he's pulled himself up onto the table, couch, chair, etc.


  • He has moved from his first home to his second. Wow, can't believe he's already lived two places at such a young age. Hopefully, this will be his home for quite some time.

  • He shakes his head no all the time. Mainly when we say "no, no". I think he knows that we are serious because he never laughs, but he isn't good at listening either. He does pay attention to me the majority of the time that I say no but he refuses to listen when I say no to him climbing on the fireplace. So, I have started to put him in timeout for a few minutes with him sitting in my lap. I am hoping that he will figure out what it means soon enough. We are terrified he is going to get hurt.

  • Just last week, on Thursday, he started pointing. He makes an L with his thumb and finger to point. Too cute!


  • And, just yesterday as we were in Toys R Us he decided that he would wave. It is a hilarious wave. Check out the video below.

  • He has started eating more and more table food. He really isn't the biggest fan though. Every time I make dinner for him, he refuses to eat most of it. I am not sure what that says about my cooking. We are slowly but surely getting him off baby food, but it will take some time.

  • He refuses to nap more than 30 minutes in his crib. I am not sure what is going on here. I think we are getting very close to transitioning to one nap in the afternoon but he still needs a short nap in the morning. In the afternoon, he sleeps 30 minutes in his crib and then I have to hold him or lay down with him for him to sleep more. I have got to work on him getting better at napping or these boxes will never get unpacked.

  • He absolutely loves the water. We got in the pool with him for the first time on Sunday and he splashed and played. I love that he doesn't mind the splashing at all.

  • He loves climbing stairs. We have to invest in a baby gate at the foot of our stairs so that we can stop using chairs and an ottoman as barriers, lol!

  • He is a little chatterbox. In addition to "dada", the majority of the time, and "mama" when he's whining, I am pretty sure that he says "duck", "bye bye", "hi" and tries to repeat most everything else that we say.

10 Months Old!

Peeking outside

Trying to climb out of the chair.

Showing off his pointing skills.

Sweet Baby!

"Let me give ya a big kiss!"

No comments:

Post a Comment