Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I should watch more comedies!

Warning: If you haven't watched all of the season finales this year, then DO NOT read any further.


*************************************************************************************


The season finales this year for the majority of my shows have been extremely depressing. We currently watch a few comedies, Modern Family and Cougar Town, but these two funny finales were no match for the depression that was caused by all of the other shows.

Desperate Housewives - Random bad guy, dead. Killed by his ex in a car with a bomb. He was a bad guy so really no trauma here, but still, it's a death.

Brothers and Sisters - Robert, the husband of Kitty, dead in a car accident. It has been rumored for a while that he would be leaving the show, so I was not surprised when the season ended with him dying.

One Tree Hill - The shocking ending of this show found Quinn (love the name for a girl!) and Clay being shot by someone who looks exactly like his dead wife. Righhhhhhhhtttttttt. We all have an identical twin walking around, lol! Regardless of the hilarity of the storyline, it was just shocking and not something I wanted to show to end with.

Gossip Girl - Chuck Bass, shot, lying on the ground bleeding to death. I don't think he is going to die. That would be crazy, but still, another shooting immediately following the finale of One Tree Hill.

Grey's Anatomy - Lots of people shot, particularly Derek Shepard, Alex, Reed (a girl on the show) and a doctor who had a crush on Reed. And, that's not even mentioning all of the people we don't know who were also shot. This was just a crazy finale. All of the killing that went on in this last episode of the season was just unreal to me. I couldn't believe what I was watching. Like my friend Billy said at dinner the other night, you expect something like that on Law & Order but not Grey's.

Private Practice - I might have sobbed the most while watching this episode. Dale and Mya are in an accident on the way to the hospital to get Mya there to have her baby. They save Mya and the baby and then Dale dies. Dale died! I was devastated. Probably because Dale has a young daughter. His wife had died not too long ago and now his daughter was going to be left all along. I think the producers/writers might have thought that it was no big deal to kill him off because he wasn't a main character. But he mattered! I probably won't be watching this show next season because I was so unhappy how they handled this.

Lost - Lost wasn't depressing and no one died on the episode in any violent way. It was an expected death at the end but not one that made me upset. I was, however, extremely bummed that it was the last episode ever.

Suggestion to networks for the future....get together and work on trying to find some good in the stories that you tell. You know, maybe someone should have considered that people like me, who watch entirely too much tv, might have been overwhelmed by all the death and violence in the season finales. Anyway, that's my vent. Here's hoping that we can drop some of these dramas and pick up more happy TV next year.

1 comment: