Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Reed's First Week Recap

Okay, it's time to get back on the blogging train. I have started writing a recap blog multiple times, but it is so extremely hard to put everything down that has happened in the last three weeks. So, I am thinking that I will start by breaking down Reed's first three weeks into separate blogs....maybe that will help me to get it all down! Here goes.....

After the fun labor and delivery and short stay at the hospital, Reed, Chris and I all headed home to embark on our new life as a family of three. My mom graciously offered to stay with us the first few nights that we were home and we were so grateful to her. Reed's first few nights at home we tried to manage multiple feedings in the middle of the night, which left Chris and I extremely exhausted. We knew that couldn't last for long. We managed to shift his feedings after the first two nights, and while still exhausted, we managed it much better. My mom helped out a lot too, because she got up with Reed in the morning and let Chris and I get some much needed sleep.

All comfy and swaddled in his bed on his first night at home!

Our little dreamboat sleeping sounding in his crib!

The first week of Reed's life also included a first for Chris...his first time changing a diaper. Ah! I know that he was so extremely nervous to change his first diaper, but honestly, he is a pro! He took to changing diapers like he had been doing it all his life. I never doubted that he would be a pro, but it has been awesome to see him in action!

Speaking of diaper changes, we also got our first taste of how much fun diaper changing can be with little boys. For those who may be wondering, yes, little boys do tend to pee on you when changing their diaper, which makes the pee pee teepee a much needed accessory for a changing table. Our first incident with Reed actually happened when my Mom was changing him. She was changing his diaper on the couch while I sat in the floor. He began peeing just as she got his diaper off and it went directly into her eye, lol! Her first instinct was to rotate him to get the pee away from her and she happened to turn him towards me in the floor, so I got wet as well. It was too funny! Chris and I also had an experience where we were changing him on the changing table and he started to pee and we turned him and he peed all over the wall, haha!

When Reed was 5 days old, we made our first trip to the pediatrician. Reed weighed in at 7 pounds 15 ounces, 2 ounces heavier than his birth weight. Our pediatrician was shocked that he had gained weight. We were so proud of our little boy and his growth. We can't wait to see how much he has gained at his 1 month appointment in two weeks!

Waiting patiently on the doctor...such a good little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment