Pages

Monday, September 14, 2009

Reed goes to Summerville!

After spending the majority of Labor Day weekend hold up in our house with Reed, we decided that it would be nice to spend Labor Day in Summerville with our families. Two of our nephews and one of Chris's brothers had yet to meet Reed, so that was another good reason for us to head north for the day. Reed did so good on his first semi-long car ride. He slept the entire way, thank goodness!

We spent the first half of the day with Chris's family. Everyone came to his parents' house to meet and hangout with Reed and we ate some yummy barbecue that Chris' mom made. It was great time just being out of the house!!!

Gavin meeting Reed for the first time. He would come back every 20 minutes or so and request to hold him again! So sweet!

Griffin meeting Reed for the first time!

Karlie and Reed

Sandi and Reed

We spent the second half of the day at my parents' house hanging out with my parents, both sets of my grandparents and my brother. It was a long day, but it was so extremely nice for everyone to have the chance to hangout with Reed!

Jo and Reed

PawPaw and Reed

Granddaddy and Reed

Grandmother, Reed and Me

Uncle Marc feeding Reed....we have yet to get him to change a diaper, lol!

Reed and I also made a much longer trip to Summerville this past weekend. Chris went out of town to attend the wedding of our good friends Erin Jakubek and Michael Hales in Chicago. We thought it might be a little too soon to leave Reed, so I decided to stay home with him while Chris went to the wedding. I was sad that I was not able to attend the wedding because it sounded like a blast, but Reed and I had a great time spending time in Summerville with my family and Chris' family. Congratulations are in order for the new Mr. and Mrs. Michael Hales! Chris, Reed and I are so incredibly excited for those two!

Reed and Granddaddy hanging out on the couch.

Sweet Baby Reed!

He's so alert!

Reed and Nana hanging out on the porch. He loved staring outside.

So much so that he would turn his head and eyes so that he could see outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment