Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Sometimes....all you can do is laugh!

On Tuesday, Carson refused to let me rock her to sleep at naptime or at bedtime. Normally, I rock and snuggle with her until she passes out and then I put her in her crib. Not on Tuesday. She was having none of that. She shook her head yes when I asked if she wanted to get in her crib. On both trips to bed, she played in her bed for a bit and then fell asleep on her own. I was surprised. That evening I told Chris how exciting it was that she might be able to go to bed on her own without us even having to do anything. BUT, I was also a little sad. I said I might cry if she was such a big girl and didn't need me to rock her anymore. : (

Here's where the laughter comes in.......

Yesterday was a completely different story. Naptime was no different than normal other than the fact that it was so short. I rocked her to sleep, laid her in her crib and left. Last night, she would have no part of going to sleep in her crib, even after I rocked her to sleep. The second I would lay her down, she popped right up. I must have rocked her to sleep and laid her down 6 or 7 times. After that, I refused to rock her anymore, so I laid in the floor beside her bed. I would think she was sleep, make a slight movement, and that was that, the screaming would begin. Ha! I finally got her to sleep around 11:45 last night. I was wiped. She was up again at 2:20. Ugh. Chris took that shift. I am pretty sure she woke up again because I remember sleeping on the floor beside her for some time. Dear.

I am hoping that maybe it's her cold that caused all the sleep issues last night. Or are we starting some separation anxiety issues?!?! She did cry for the first time when I dropped her at the gym daycare yesterday. Her cry scream last night was definitely different than normal. 

I take it back, Carson, getting over you not letting me rock you to sleep is much easier than spending 4 hours trying to get you to sleep. I wouldn't mind if you would go to sleep on your own or let me rock you to sleep and you actually stay asleep. Love, Mommy!

I honestly just laughed in the midst of all of it last night. I kind of deserved it. And, you know you are laughing at me too!

2 comments:

  1. Caroline went through the same thing at this age...and it lasted 2 whole weeks!!! I really have no idea what caused it and it stopped as quickly as it started. Here's to hoping yours doesn't last this long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cece did this too! And I pull the "all I can do is laugh" allll the time:)

    ReplyDelete