Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

A BIG Announcement......that a lot of you may already know about!!!


We are having a baby!!  Wahoo!!  We are beyond excited.  And, it’s a GIRL!!  I have to be honest and say that I wasn’t sure if we would ever be lucky enough to have another baby join our family.  We feel truly blessed to be welcoming this baby girl in July.

We found out that we were expecting in November.  I took one test that I would have put money on was negative but after receiving a positive test a few days later, I looked back at the original test to discover that it was also positive.  In the beginning, I felt pretty good other than a little bit of nausea.  The pregnancy basically seemed the same as when I was pregnant with Reed.  I have, so far, had no cravings, only aversions.  At the beginning of the pregnancy, I didn’t want anything to eat, but I made myself eat for the sake of the baby and the fact that I would get nauseous if I didn’t eat.  The only thing that I did crave at the beginning of the pregnancy was ice-cold water.  I couldn’t just have a bottle of water, a cup of ice had to be included.  It seemed like a hilarious craving but I guess it was a good one to have.

Everything else has checked out good as it did with Reed, which has been a true relief.  Sweet baby girl is growing as she should be and is right on track for a July arrival.   Her actual due date is July 18th so who knows when she will actually make her debut.  Reed was about a week late.   I certainly wouldn’t mind her joining us a week early!

I am currently 29 weeks pregnant!  I am now one week into the third trimester and it feels so good to be so close to meeting our baby girl.  It is also overwhelming to think that our time prior to her arrival is so close, considering we aren’t prepared.  We aren’t prepared in the clothing department, although she could certainly sport some blue and green, and we certainly aren’t prepared mentally for what it will mean to have two kiddos.  We will get there or we will figure it out once she arrives!!

At 29 weeks, Baby J II weighs about 2 ½ pounds, like a butternut squash, and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel.  Muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is growing bigger to make room for her developing brain.  I can definitely tell that she is growing because she continues to push my insides around causing me to have ridiculously bad heartburn.  I look forward to not having heartburn anymore.  It is the pits!

As for Reed, he is beyond excited to have a baby sister!  He can’t wait to meet her and he is constantly going into her room to check things out.  We have a few outfits and he is always saying, she is going to love that.  He’s the sweetest!!

I honestly have only recently taken a bump picture.  Chris feels as if we have neglected this little one.  I have to agree that it hasn’t been the same as it was with Reed, but we had our reasons, and I am sure baby girl won’t fret about it.  I think as long as I do as good of job documenting her first year of life as I did with Reed, then there will be no harm done.  So, here you go.  A baby announcement, a gender reveal and a bump pic all in one post!  You don’t see that very often!  Love you all!!

27 1/2 Weeks!

5 comments:

  1. Yeah! I was just asking Elizabeth after seeing your Easter pics... What a blessing for your family. Congratulations and prayers for the remainder of your pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke!!! I am so, so happy for you guys. Not only for having a second, but a GIRL! Girls are so, so fun. Caroline is my best little buddy in every way. I love this post, and I am so happy you're feeling good. Hang in there! July is just around the corner! (And my money is on July 24... Jack's 4th birthday!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!! First of all, you look beautiful!! I am so happy for you!! And OMGosh! What about my dream months back?? I told you about that, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are gorgeous Mama!!! We are so happy for y'all and can't wait to see pics when she arrives. Reed is going to be an awesome big bro and will make that baby smile in a way only he can do:) the babies LOVE their big brothers/sisters watching them play is one of the best parts of parenthood for sure!

    ReplyDelete