Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Preschool

Reed is finally loving school.  It took him some time but he turned the corner a little while ago to the shock of both me and his teachers.  We all kind of looked at each other like, huh, when he walked right in without any coaxing.

He talks about his teachers and his friends in his class.  He also regularly comes home telling me about songs or stories he learned at school.  The other day we had to drop off something at his school and he didn't get to see Miss Mary Howard or Miss Janet and he was none too happy.  I take that as a good sign.

We have had one little hiccup with preschool thus far.  Reed has been put in timeout several times. Yes, timeout.  He got into trouble for hitting his friends.  He knows this is a big no, no.  He even told me "I not hit my friends" when I picked him up that day.  During our parent-teacher conference a month ago, his teachers said that he is 2 and a boy so it is bound to happen.  It continues to be an issue and I have even sent the teachers a please-tell-me-my-child-is-not-going-to-get-kicked-out-of-preschool email.  Thankfully they responded with a 'no'.  Let's hope it stays that way.

His timeouts have progressed to being in the office across the hall from his classroom.  He was actually sent to the office twice in one day.  Not good, not good.  My dad said I absolutely had to document his two trips to the office in one day at two because that has to be some kind of record, ha!

Speaking of the parent-teacher conference, they told me that Reed was a bright, timid, and very enthusiastic little boy.  He originally had a very hard time with the transitions during school, such as getting upset when it was time to line up to go to music, etc.  They said that this is no longer a problem, phew.  We are just crossing milestones as quick as we can.  They also said that Reed gets super excited and belly laughs at pretty much anything they show him that's new to him.  What a sweet boy!

Reed has sung the hello and goodbye songs for us.  It goes a little something like this......"hello Jensen, hello Jensen, hello Jensen, have a gooda day."  Yes, Reed puts an "a" on the end of good and it is so cute.  Jensen tends to be the one he wants to say hello to the majority of the time.  It might be his first girlfriend in the making.

Me and another mom were responsible for the Halloween Party a few weeks ago.  It was a lot of fun to watch the kiddos eat their snack, make a pumpkin craft and play a pumpkin toss game.  It was very exhausting though and I was only there for about 30 minutes.  Props for sure go to Reed's teachers!

Reed at school....as a cowboy!

All the kiddos enjoy snack time!

Snow White aka Miss Mary Howard.

1 comment: