Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Sorry for my absence......

I've been hard at work on this guy.


I have been searching for a set of wing back chairs at a reasonable price on craigslist and I finally found a couple two weeks ago.  I can't say we necessarily have a set place for them to go in our house, but I knew that I liked the style of the chair and I also wanted to try my hand at re-upholstering.  It was a long and tedious process that included removing about 3 million staples.  Here is the finished product....


It's a long way from perfect, that's for sure, but I did finish it.  The verdict is I will certainly not be doing re-upholstering as a job.  It was nice to save $280 per chair by re-upholstering this chair myself, but it was hard, exhausting work.  We can mark this off my list of potential money-making ideas, lol!  The good news is that this chair is dunzo and is now sitting in our bedroom, but there is bad news, there is still another chair to be done.  Ugh!  

I will be taking a break from re-upholstering the other chair to work on these guys.  I picked them up on Friday and the painting process has already begun.  I am super pumped to finally put some chairs around our dining room table!

2 comments:

  1. I am impressed!! What are you planning for the dining chairs??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just call her Martha Stewart...

    ReplyDelete