Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Where were you on Thursday night?

You should've been at the Sarah McLachlan concert with Chris and me. Yes, I did make Chris go with me! And, honestly, he likes her just as much as I do so don't worry about him.

Unfortunately, Lilith Fair's stop in Atlanta got canceled, but Sarah (yes, we are on a first name basis now, lol) was nice enough to do a show in Atlanta outside of the tour. I debated whether or not to go but I knew that I would regret it, so I purchased the tickets the day before the concert. von Grey opened the show. They are a group consisting of four sisters ranging from 10 to 15 years old. Not necessarily someone you would expect to open for SM, but they apparently won a contest to play at Lilith Fair. Since Lilith Fair didn't happen here, SM offered them the chance to open for just her. They were really great and very talented. It should be interesting to see how their music career progresses.

Now, onto Sarah....she was absolutely wonderful, as anyone might expect. As Chris put it, "they probably don't have to do any digital remastering of her voice". She has the most beautiful voice. I was a little disappointed that she didn't sing my favorite song, Fear, but she sang the rest of her big hits. It was an awesome show. We certainly hope that she returns to Atlanta again!

A big thanks to my parents for keeping Reed for us while we enjoyed a night out alone!

Me and my extremely sweet husband!

Just a snippit of Sarah's awesomeness!

2 comments: