Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Reed is 5!

We have a 5 year old! This is crazytown! It feels like yesterday that he was turning 1, 2, 3, 4 and now 5. How fast time has flown with this little guy. He drives us crazy at times but mostly he makes us feel like the luckiest parents around.

Height: 45 in. (90th percentile)
Weight: 40 lbs. (50th percentile)

Things heard from Reed.....
  • "Carpool is the worst thing ever. It ruins my life."
  • "Ah, it's not Luke Bryan. It's a fake Luke Bryan." (Probably referring to Jason Aldean.)
  • While watching Little Einsteins...."I want to go to Egypt someday."
  • "Mommy, you can only like girl songs. Taylor Swift songs."
At 5......
  • Everything is a race with Reed.  Buckling seatbelt, getting home first.  Who's handsomemest? Who's tallest? Who's older? Who was born first? The list goes on and on.
  • He really is the sweetest. Just last week, he saw a friend at cfa that he sees everyday at school and he went straight over to give him a big hug. Oh, how I love that kid!
  • He continues to love playing pretend. His favorites right now are Ninja Turtles and Super Mario.
  • If I ask him to do something for me, he sometimes says his legs are too tired. They aren't however, ever, too tired to do what he wants to do.
  • He loves helping me pull the car in the garage and seeing how fast we are going on the heads up display.
  • He has become such a big boy lately with the start of school. No, we can't do that, the teacher won't like it. Let's not forget my bag mommy. Did you get the snack bag?
  • Chris asked him how his day at school was last week and he responded 'bien, gracias!' Love it!
  • He is still a bit of a hot head at home. : ( Every afternoon seems to end with him going to timeout at least once, sometimes more than that. Most of the time, he gets in trouble because he hurts his sister. I don't think he hurts her intentionally, but he certainly doesn't think about the consequences of his actions.
  • He has started turning flips on our couch and said that he is the first kid in his class to do a "cartwheel".
  • His favorite thing to eat is breakfast. He loves cereal, bagels, waffles. It is definitely his favorite meal of the day.
  • He frequently tells me that I have ruined his day. I guess I must be doing something right then. ; )
  • He has started showering on his own. This, of course, requires some coaching from the sidelines from daddy. I tried to get him to take a quick bath with Carson one night when Chris wasn't home and he said "remember mommy, I don't take baths anymore. Daddy would be sad if I take a bath".
  • He seems to be a bit of a worry wart. Once when we were in Carters, he was playing while I shopped, then he randomly walked out of the store unbeknowst to me, and came back in crying. He said he thought that I had left him. While Chris was at a friends house with Reed, Reed went in to play for a bit while Chris stayed outside. Reed came out repeatedly to ask Chris if he definitely would let him know when they were leaving. He was worried Chris would leave without him. I guess he comes by it honest. I went through a period of time when I was little when I worried so much I lost hair. : ( I worried that my parents wouldn't be able to find their way back home. I hope he grows out of it quickly. We just keep reassuring him that he and Carson are the most important things and we would never leave them.
  • He is learning to read, slowly but surely. He is finally showing some interest in sounding out words. I think it is all going to click for him soon.
  • He just counted to 100 by himself today. Yay Reed!
  • I'll continue to post things as they come to me. He is one special little boy, that's for sure!








1 comment:

  1. Gosh they are precious. I can't believe he's five! His sayings cracked me up! He sounds like a pretty smart cookie. Happy birthday sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete