Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

Carson - 8 Months!

I guess I should really start thinking about how we are going to celebrate Carson's 1st birthday!  It will be here before we know it.

Stats:
Height:
Weight: 17 lbs. 13 oz.

At 8 Months:
  • She is crawling!  She just up and decided to crawl last Tuesday, March 11th.  I literally put her down on the floor and she just started moving.  It was a great moment!
  • She is a pretty good eater, although she isn't too crazy about the stage 3 foods.  These are foods that have a little bit more texture to them.  She basically gags and acts as if she is going to vomit.  I have given her a few bites of banana as well as spaghetti.  We may just need to go straight to table foods.  As for baby food, her favorites are still carrots, butternut squash and sweet potatoes, but she also likes the green foods as well, like peas, spinach, and kiwi.
  • Carson has yet to figure out how to pull up onto her feet yet, but she is pulling up on her knees.  I am in no rush for the walking phase to begin, especially since she just started crawling.
  • She is a little talker and sometimes I am truly shocked at the sounds that come out of her mouth.  She still frequently says "dada" and most recently, "mama".  She also says "baba", which we can only assume is for her favorite person, her brother!
  • Just a few days ago we asked for kisses and she was actually willing to give them to us.  So sweet!
  • Still holding with 8 teeth.
  • Her sleep habits are not great.  Daytime naps are touch and go, especially since we haven't allowed her to learn to go to sleep on her own.  I know, I know, bad mommy.  I just really don't mind rocking her to sleep, but it is really proving to make things much harder during the day.  Nighttime, she sleeps pretty good, but ever since the time change she has started waking up earlier.  Makes no sense!  I hope things level out soon.
  • Today Carson stayed in the nursery at the church for the first time for 2.5 hours while I had my MOPS meeting.  She did such a great job and even took a nap.
  • She still isn't a big fan of a bottle, but we have started giving her a cup with formula.  She actually turns it up herself.  What a big girl!  I am heading out of town this upcoming weekend, so we may stop the nursing thing altogether....talk about ripping off that bandaid.  It could be an interesting weekend for Chris.










1 comment: